Apply for Specimens
- Search the online NMVB database to identify specimens appropriate for your research.
- Submit a Letter of Intent (LOI) that briefly describes your research plan (click here for “Letter of Intent for Mesothelioma Samples” page.) The NMVB Research Evaluation Panel will review your LOI to assess the scientific merit and feasibility of the proposed project and will respond to your LOI within two weeks of your request. If your LOI is accepted, an NMVB coordinating site team member will be assigned to guide you through the application process.
- Submit a full application for specimens using the NMVB application form. Upon completion of your application, the NMVB Research Evaluation Panel will make recommendations to the PI's, who must approve the distribution of all NMVB specimens.
- Upon approval of your application, send a Letter of Agreement and sign a Material Transfer Agreement and Intellectual Property Agreement, all of which are required before specimens can be shipped.
- Complete the NMVB Customer Satisfaction Survey (will be sent to you within 90 days of final shipment of research material).