Letter of Intent
To receive tissue from the National Mesothelioma Virtual Bank, you must first send a Letter of Intent (LOI) that contains:
- Primary investigator, position/title (must be at or above assistant professor or equivalent), institution, address including email, telephone number, and co-investigators.
- Title of study.
- A statement of the specific aim(s) of the proposed research .
- A statement of the background and hypothesis of the proposed research.
- A description of the technical approach and methods.
- Approximate number and types of cases required.
- Justification for samples size and proposed statistical analysis.
- Assurance that the technique(s) can be applied to paraffin-embedded, DNA, or blood samples.
- Clinical (demographic and epidemiologic) and/or outcome and follow-up data required.
Senior Project Manager
Department of Biomedical Informatics
University of Pittsburgh
5607 Baum Blvd
Pittsburgh, PA 15206